Yaz – or Yasmin – is a popular oral contraceptive manufactured and distributed by Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals. On the market since 2001, recent studies have linked Yaz to serious side effects including heart and cardiovascular problems, gallbladder disease and diabetes.
Recently the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has chastised Bayer for the way they have marketed the drug. Bayer’s TV ads were misleading; “[they] over-promise the benefits and minimize the risk associated with Yaz.” Shortly thereafter, the Yaz TV spots changed dramatically.
Our Orlando, Florida dangerous drug attorneys are dedicated to serving personal injury victims and are well-versed in product liability laws that protect consumers. We have handled many lawsuits involving potentially harmful pharmaceuticals (including numerous claims involving Avandia® and Reglan®). We can expertly handle your Yaz lawsuit.
To speak with an experienced Yaz lawyer, contact Frank M. Eidson today. Our Yaz attorneys will carefully evaluate your claims and help you obtain the compensation to which you are entitled.
Is Yaz Birth Control Safe?
Yaz has become Bayer’s number one selling drug generating over $1.2 billion in sales. However, recent studies have shown that Yaz might not be as safe as first thought.
In fact, Bayer has aggressively marketed Yaz without adequately warning the public of its serious, potentially-life threatening side effects. Yaz has been linked to the following serious side effects:
- Heart attack
- Cardiovascular problems
- Gallbladder disease
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism
- High blood pressure
Protect your rights. Contact a Orlando Yaz lawyer today. Individual and class action Yaz lawsuits are being reviewed throughout the country. There are no fees or expenses unless a recovery is obtained. Our Yaz attorneys can help you obtain fair compensation.
Nationwide, numerous Yaz lawsuits have been filed against Bayer. These claims have alleged that the drug makers:
- Failed to adequately warn consumers and the medical community about Yaz side effects.
- Failed to adequately test and research Yaz before placing it on the market.
- Failed to issue a Yaz recall after it became apparent that it is an unreasonable dangerous drug.
- Aggressively marketed Yaz and encouraged misuse despite the known dangers of Yaz use.
The drug makers had sole access to facts concerning the potential Yaz problems, and ignored the correlation between their drug and potentially life-threatening side effects. Yaz safety concerns were concealed and misrepresentations were made.
An experienced Yaz lawyer can help you file a lawsuit and recover compensation for your suffering. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses (hospital, surgical, and ambulance bills)
- Rehabilitation costs (expenses tied to your recovery process)
- Lost income (wage lost during your illness/injury)
- Diminished earning capacity (the reduction of your ability to earn income)
- Pain and suffering (distress – both physical and mental)
Contact Our Orlando Yaz Lawyers
An experienced Yaz lawyer can help you file a lawsuit and recover the compensation to which you are entitled. At Frank M. Eidson, P.A., our Yaz attorneys have extensive experience with dangerous drug cases and have specifically handled many Yaz birth control claims.
If you contact our Yaz attorneys for a free consultation, please bring the following information:
- Prescription records
- Medical records
- Diagnosis of any Yaz side effects
- Insurance claim forms
- Correspondence with your doctor
- Correspondence with your insurance company
- Any bills/records of costs you have incurred.
Our legal team will represent you intelligently and aggressively. To speak with a trial-tested Yaz lawyer – one familiar with its side effects and capable of helping you obtain just compensation – contact our Ornaldo Yaz lawyers today. We will protect your rights.