For many, the spirit of the holiday season is enhanced through the addition of festive decorations, the largest of which usually centers around the family Christmas tree! In order to ensure that your beautifully decorated greenery remains well-kept, it is important to practice some basic care and safety tips.
After the lights are up and the ornaments are in place, keep the below ideas in mind, so you can help to reduce the risk of injury and guarantee a safer and more enjoyable holiday celebration:
1) Make sure the lights used on your tree and inside your house are certified for indoor use and nationally tested.
2) Before stringing the tree with lights, check for broken bulbs and replace the strand when necessary.
3) Keep the tree at lease three to four feet away from any open flame or heat source.
4) Unplug all of your holiday lights whenever you leave your house or go to sleep.
5) Avoid using too many lights and also avoid using extension cords whenever possible.
6) Remember to keep your tree properly watered. Experts warn that while Christmas tree fires are the most deadly, they are also the most preventable!!! Also, if you’re not going to buy a real tree this year, be sure to purchase an artificial one that is less-flammable.
Fill out our contact form below for your free, no obligation case review.
Contact Our Orlando Attorney
If you have been injured in an accident, turn to Frank M. Eidson P.A. Whether your case is a simple collision or a complicated auto wrongful death case, contact personal injury lawyer Frank Eidson today to schedule your free consultation.